Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home Sweet Home...and then a trip!

We made it!

Grace is all set up in her new room, but we need to work on redecoration of her room, as the walls are light blue and the carpet is a slightly darker blue shade. The trim is white. It's extremely pretty. Her white iron bed goes very well. It is almost a "Wendy" room from Peter Pan. I just need to find the right bed linens and accents, with Grace's input. I would really love to find a Dean Morrissey painting to go in there...

Our bedroom is nice, but nothing to shout about. White with white carpeting. There are some beams in there, which are also white, but maybe we could use them for decorating!

The kitchen is WONDERFUL! It is oversized with oodles of counter space, two very large front windows that look out over a grassy area and recessed lighting:) There is also a real live bricked-in "pantry" where we plan to hang lavender and other herbs and store canned and sealed dry goods in lined baskets.It is very "Beatrix Potter". LOL

The bathroom is cavernous, with a very large blue slate-tiled floor space, and a completely tiled-in shower and tub. (White with slate blue accents) The sink and vanity are white with a large mirror, very clean and tidy, and the sink is from Paris. Nice;)

The living room is large, off-white and has a beautiful decorative fire place and two large windows beside it. There is also another window on an adjacent wall.

Finally, there is a huge glassed-in porch that runs along the entire front of the house. It is essentially a conservatory/sun room for 3 seasons of the year. We have also found out that there are glass inserts that can be put into the doors of the porch to completely enclose it during the winter months! Our plan is to put a couch ad table out here as well as reading lamps and a space heater for the winter. It will be perfect for the entertaining that Carl and I will need to do for his new position:)

Tonight, we leave to go visit family and friends in the southwest!
Forte

9 comments:

Gymnaste said...

Can't wait to see pictures. Sounds nice and roomy. Have fun decorating.

Cher Mere said...

Wow, it sounds really great! Are there going to be pictures?

Forte said...

Yes! There will be pictures, but we are on vacation until the 21st, so we'll put them up then!
It was a whirlwind week!
Forte

Garden State Kate said...

Enjoy your vacation and I can't wait to see pictures- the porch alone sounds worth a move!

sarah said...

Oh my, it sounds divine. I'm looking forward to the pictures. I hope your vacation is lovely :-)

Heather said...

Glad you made it.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I hope your unpacking is going well. I nominated you for a "Nice Matters" award.

MLarson said...

Congrats on the house and the job! I'm glad you will still be in NY. We finally got accepted for an apartment in the city so we'll be moving some time in the next couple months. I hope we can get together at some point.

Forte said...

Thanks Everyone! :)
Forte