Monday, September 3, 2007

All Systems "Go!"

I went to Staples today to purchase the last of our supplies for the year. Yes. It *was* a zoo. Thank you for asking;)
I found a great magnetic white board to write our daily stuff on and mounted it on Grace's easel. I also found a small calendar to attach to the white board so Grace and I can mark off her school days. Finally, and I am very proud of this idea, I bought an "easy" button for Grace to push as she finishes each subject;) Anyone here who knows Grace will know that she will be THRILLED to push th e"easy" button and it will be a great motivator to keep things humming along nicely during our school day. I 've decided it will be from 8:30 am until 11 am and we'll attend functions in the afternoons. For the days that she has functions beginning before 11, we'll call it a wash. Most weeks will be four days of homeschool. Grace is so excited about the year, and so am I!
Bon Voyage!
Forte

7 comments:

Austintacious said...

LOL - "Easy Button" ....... Brilliant!

Jaime said...

OMG! I have to go to Staples tomorrow for an EASY button! That is a fantastic idea!

Forte said...

As predicted...Grace LOVED the "easy" button! I highly recommend it;)
Forte

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The button is cute :) I also like your plans, they seem very sound.

Cher Mere said...

Great idea!

Heather said...

We got an easy button at Christmas time. They love it. Good plans, too. I like to try to leave the afternoons open for activities, as well.

sarah said...

I love the idea of the easy button! I want one too.

We love our white board, don't know how we did school without it ... actually we have two, one fancy one on the wall for upcoming events and reminders, and one to do lessons with. I'm thinking of getting another so Rose and I can have one each. Then we'll seldom have to discuss a subject, just write lessons at each other across the room!