Monday, October 22, 2007

Forte



Hello everyone! This is me, Forte, as seen by Grace. Yes. I really am this friendly and intense in person. Where do you think Grace gets it?!? In any case, I thought it would be a good idea to let people who don't know me "see" the face behind the mask. I am a very visual person, and so do very well with people's faces. If I see you once, I'll know you. ( Your name is a completely different story...LOL)

This week's post and trip got me thing about what exactly "giftedness" is. I must admit that most of the time the definition is nebulous for me. I've read all of the requisite books, and listened to the experts, but I think, somehow, we must all arrive at our own definition of "Intelligence". Kids, or adults for that matter, do not fit into neat little boxes with bright red ribbons on them, with affixed note cards reading "MG" or "PG".

I enjoy meeting new people and finding out that he or she has had three careers so far. I enjoy finding out that their secret hobby is Biophysics or Ancient Greek. I certainly love to find out that a person has a "secret identity" as a role-playing character or a model airplane pilot! What glorious diversity this world has? I would love it if these small nuggets of treasure from a person's life were cause for celebration in my culture in stead of being case for a sideways glance! For now, I will hang out with the "core group" I have built up around the secret house and await the newest member daily:)

Happy, brisk, inviting Fall!
Alli

7 comments:

sarah said...

I love the photo. It really is so nice to see you! I love your thoughts on giftedness too. Can I tell you that I have had four careers (counting homeschooling mother/teacher), and I've had several weird secret interests. Currently I'm moving from Regency England into quantum physics.

Forte said...

Capitol! Wonderful! Welcome! That is delightfully cool, Patience! I wish you well with your newest pursuit!
Forte

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I have two unfinished graduate programs to my resume. I finally think I know what I would do if I return to work someday.

Forte said...

Awesome, Mariposa! You find out things you didn't know about your friends every once in a while, don't you? :)
Glad you know what you're going t o be when you grow up! LOL;)
Forte

Genny Grange said...

What a wonderful picture of both you and Ms. Cutie. ;-)

Forte said...

Thanks, Ms. B! We miss you guys!!! Grace just had "Baby Tigger" out last night and was reminiscing about when they found him and how she always asks how he is, and her message to your cutie is is: "He's fine. He slept on satin sheets with a muslin coverlet last night!"
Hugs,
Forte

Cher Mere said...

Hey there!!

Good to see you again. This is a great, fun, post.