Grace will be taking mostly Middle School classes this year. Many are online, some of them with friends. Her schedule is pretty tight, but I have managed to fit some "discovery time" in , here and there.
She'll be taking MCT Grammar and Caesar's English II, Lightning Literature 8 and US History online with gifted teachers. She's taking AP Biology with a friend, using UCCP Open Access ware, Hippocampus Lectures, and old college text of Carl's and AP Web Labs for the lab component. She'll be completing IRL labs with her friend. Her math is Teaching Textbooks. She loves it, so I am not messing with it. She's gone through so much already this summer. She'll also be taking Jiu Jutsu three times a week and her theater class for 2 hours , twice weekly. We are currently simply allowing her to draw and paint for Art, but we're helping her search for a good art school to apply to next year. There are several here, and I think she may qualify. She just needs to get a portfolio up and running. We will probably apply to a local fine arts camp for next summer as well. Whew!
On top of all of this, we have a trip to Japan scheduled for two weeks in November, and a trip to AZ. We also plan on going to theater performances of A Christmas Carol, Shakespeare, Opera and various local ballets and random theater shows. We have scheduled trips to a local farm for some fun "social" classes and several play dates per month.
I am not really concerned about Grace, believe it or not. She LOVES this stuff. I am concerned about how *I* will hold up though;)

4 comments:
That schedule sound familiar. *grin*
I am jealous about Japan!!
The fine arts talent is very impressive. Good Luck with that. I hope you find something great.
I know just what you mean, our kids have all the energy for this stuff and we are just trying to keep up!
It sounds like another busy year ahead. “Whew”.
You will have a great time in Japan.
My spouse and I were there for one day, a bright spot on our interesting, but sometimes nightmarish 3-week trip to Hong Kong and Macau. The restaurants we sampled were pristine, the people nice, and the hotel provided slippers ;)
Japan will be great!
I love your schedule, such a busy year but it sounds so wonderful!
Oh my, good luck! I agree, it is exhausting trying to have so much fun.
Post a Comment