Grace and I have had a very nice week so far!
On Saturday, Carl, Grace and I went for brunch at Grace's Friends' house and we all had a wonderful time! After enjoying some long -overdue chocolate chip pancakes, we played "Guitar Hero" and took a very nice walk, complete with Rusty and a playground! Grace was in Heaven.
That evening, we went for dinner at our close friends' house. That was great too! We had burgers and the kids played and we adults talked politics, which is always fun! ;)
Sunday, we attended a birthday party for one of Grace's Friends. It was at a laser tag place, and Carl got drafted ( quite willingly) to act as one of the team leaders. It was SO cool! They played tag in semi-darkness and donned headsets and laser tags. It was very much channeling "Tron". :) That afternoon, Grace had a playdate with a friend at our house, and they played board games, hung out in Grace's room and walked Rusty.
Monday, we visited a local learning center for the building blocks of life and Grace went through several exhibits there, including one on Human Evolution. She hung out there for about 1/2 hour comparing skeletons of a chimp, a Neanderthal and a Human. She also enjoyed comparing the skull outlines of other earlier species there. She also looked at her own heritable traits and population genetics. We also watched an Historical movie about the center, another on Cell Signaling and a third about DNA replication. It was a great day!
Tuesday was piano and drama class day, and Grace did great at both! :)
Today was Grace's Ocean Warriors club! They learned more on Estuaries by lecture discussion and video, and we tested rainwater ad spring water samples in groups. The children were absolutely wonderful! It was raining cats and dogs, so we couldn't go out to the actual estuary today. Everyone was sad:(
Grace as been reading a bunch this week and going onto her digital learning sites! She has a blast with those:)
Forte

6 comments:
What an awesome week!
Sounds busy busy busy. But that is how it is around there, right? I bet Carl enjoyed that laser tag. I think that Bud would enjoy it too.
Wow, sounds like things are going very well right now. That is so nice!
It was an amazing week for both of you!
Wow, I haven't thought about "Tron" in FOREVER. That sounds like a lot of fun for you all!
Ocean Warriors? I'd join just for the name! That early humans exhibit sounds awesome -- I know Violet would go nuts for that.
Glad you're having a good week!
Post a Comment