Friday, August 29, 2008

This Year's Lineup:

Here is the lineup so far! Of course, it will probably change or she'll go quicker than anticipated, but I feel organized for the moment!

Mathematics
Duke TIP Gifted Math
MathPack:Quest
(Exploring Mathematical Concepts)
"Life of Fred" books (Thanks Mariposa!) 
Various Skills Books
Manipulatives and geometry tools

Language Arts
from Royal Fireworks Press:
Grammar Town
Caesar’s English I
(M.C.Thompson)

Writing:
Write on Track
(Patrick Sebranick)
Journaling with Literature Study
Her own stories

Reading
Library books
(Student Choice)
Many classics come to mind...
Once and Future King TH White

Literature
Duke TIP Individual Learning:
Discovering King Arthur: Medieval Mystery and Meaning using
The Once and Future King
(T.H. White)
[http://www.tip.duke.edu/independent_learning/all_products.html]


Spelling:
Evan-Moore Spelling


Geography:
Maps/Globe
Integrated with History Curriculum
US Activity Book
Travel;)

History
History Odyssey:
Middle Ages--Renaissance
(Pandia Press) (Thanks Adso!) 
Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History
Story of the World (Wise –Bauer)
A Child’s History of the World ( Hillyer)
US History
United States Activity Book
Major events of US Revolution
(readings as needed)
Field Trips to historic sites


Science:
Duke TIP Gifted Individual Learning:
Exploring Science Outdoors
(CD Rom through Duke)
Accompanying reading assignments
[http://www.tip.duke.edu/independent_learning/all_products.html]

Pond Study Project with
Nature Conservancy mentor,
including Limnology Study
( year-long project studting the health and viability of the pond)

Health and Safety
Brain Pop, Books, Fire Safety
Brochures, Scouts

Music/Performing Arts
Piano lessons 1x/wk
Theater and Arts Performances
Voice Lessons 1 x/wk

Art
private drawing lessons 2x/mth
museums/books
Gee Guides Art Class (Thanks Chere Mere!)


PE
Ju Jutsu 3x/wk
Swimming
Rock Climbing
Homechool Sports


Grace also has a whole stable f field trips up her sleeve and we have quite a bit of travel scheduled. She's very excited about it all! 

Forte

4 comments:

Austintacious said...

Sounds very good - something she will accomplish with no problem.

Garden State Kate said...

Looks terrific!

Unknown said...

I wrote similar posts for two of my sons, so I wanted to thank you for taking the time to do the same.

I have three sons who need challenging, enrich curriculum. I appreciate the opportunity to compare notes with others and possibly find sources I'm missing.

Cher Mere said...

Looks like a great line up of resources! Please let us know what works and what doesn't.