Some of you may remember the "Relaxation CD" from the recent conference hotel, and Grace certainly does as well.
Last night, she was having trouble getting herself settled down to sleep. I was attempting to "parent" her to sleep by stroking he head and declaring in monotones "I am pulling down the sleep" over and over. She got a kind of giggly face after a while and stopped my hand mid-motion, opened her eyes and declared, "Mom. D'you know you sound just like the relaxation CD from the Hotel?" She then proceeded to , in a mocking tone, treat me to her own rendition of said CD, "You are beginning to RE-LAX now....wwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn.......ttttttttoooooooooo........thhhhhhhhrrrrreeeeeee".
What a little toad. I love her, but what a little toad. ;)
Forte

6 comments:
Oh, that is funny!
Ami loves that CD, but when she gets to the musical portion poems come to her in a stream and she says, her mind says., "Pick me! Pick me!" Which defeats the purpose of the CD at least for bedtime.
Funny:) I guess it just isn't working for any of them!
Forte
Hee, hee -- Lou loved the CD, but I wasn't sure we could bring it!! She did actually fall asleep to it, though, so honestly, I'm thinking of finding some similar CD out there somewhere...
Aha!!! It worked for Lou!!! :) I just couldn't believe how "annoyed" Grace was by it. We listen to a self-made mix of night time music at home and that works well. Carl and Grace are both of the opinion that if the guy on the CD would just BE QUIET, then they'd get to sleep...Counter to the spirit of the CD, eh? LOL
Forte
I think she likes it because when she was in utero, I made a tape of myself saying all of my favorite poems, so I think that accustomed her to falling asleep to some yutz yakking all night long. ;-)
So ...what you're saying is...you are a Yutz...LOL
You are most certainly NOT even CLOSE to Yutz-like. ;)
Lou is such a doll!
So when should we plan our little get-together, ladies?
Forte
Post a Comment