It must be stress season, because my family has had its share this Fall as well. It is mostly work-related, but isn't it usually?
Since I've noticed that many of my friends, both Web and IRL, are stressed out lately, I thought I'd begin a thread about peace, healing and suggestions for day-to-day de-stressing. I know everyone is working on their long-term stress management, but I think it is a great idea to share suggestions with each other for what we do day-to-day to reduce stress in our lives! Feel free to add to the list!
I'll begin:
1. Going on a walk usually at least reduces my physical stress, but usually helps me face other things.
2. Candles are good--very good...especially in a semi-lit room.
3. Suitable soft music, played at just barely-aduible range usually calms me. I like Lisa Gerrard or Celtic.
4. Reading a great book in bed, until about 10 am is nice, but I don't get to do this very often.
OK. That was my short list. Anyone else?
Hugs to all of my Cyber and IRL friends going through stressful times.

7 comments:
Hi there,
Good topic! I agree that things seem more stressful lately. Two things have been helping here.
(1) Between homeschooling and working from home, I get too much time inside and too much time sitting. So, I find leaving the house for an hour by myself and getting in a drenching, exhausting workout really lowers my stress.
(2) Planning in fun time with the kids is a big help. If the boys are in a mood to procrastinate on schoolwork, the days can be painful. It's really important to take time to have fun with them - get out in the fresh air or playing some board games or watching a funny movie.
Well, that's the extent of my wisdom!
-- Annie
(learnateveryturn.com)
Thank you Forte!
This is what works best for me
1) Taking a walk out of doors. This works surprisingly well.
2.) Journaling. Sometimes I feel more at peace after I've gotten stuff out.
3.) Intimate time. You know what I mean.
4.) Hanging out with friends. Laughing or helping them with their problems both help alleviate stress.
5.) Doing something fun that takes my mind off things and give me space.
6.) I agree with reading a good book too!
Tis the season to stress right?
My list consists of
1. Getting outside. Not worrying about the laundry or dishes, just going out to relax and enjoy the fresh air
2. If I do have to be inside, reading quietly with Faith in her bed.
3. Scrapbooking. The feeling of a mess in the front room being ok because it is supposed to be that way when scrapbooking.
4. Making a telephone call to hear my family's voices. I miss everyone.
I love everyone's suggestions so far! :) It is good to know that we at least HAVE some skills to cope with stress in the daily life!
Forte
Great idea.
Identifying rings on the cell phone for people who phone frequently, so I can weigh if I should pick up, or i.d. a telemarketer has phone number so I don't waste minutes.
On my land phone the ring is turned off. It is only salespeople any way. I guess I let my "no call" laspe, and it will take a few months for it to stop again for awhile.
Music
Walking
Time alone
Oh yes, stress is everywhere.
I agree with getting outside, and reading..for me really helps.
I ignore my phone..let the machine get it..during school time or when I feel like it. Best thing about not working for someone else...I don't have to talk to you unless I want to.lol
We've been listening to the Lord of the Rings sound track..thanks to you.
P is addicted and I like it too. ;-)
WOW! What a list!! You gals are really going with this! :)
Forte
Post a Comment