
Grace has always loved space. It isn't a full-blown passion or anything, but it is a low, slow-burning flame that has been alight since she was small.
Tonight, we saw the Lunar Eclipse, and Grace was just enchanted. I don't think I can ever forget her tiny, blonde elfin form, swinging on her wooden swing beneath her beloved tree, lit only by the half-light of an eclipsed moon. She sang and chanted, and she babbled on about how the eclipsed moon may be a gateway into the next universe...beyond the sun, planets, Oort cloud and galaxy. "It would be a completely alternate reality", I am told, from the small , shadowed figure with the violin voice.
I really do love nights like this. They remind me of why I love to be alive.
Forte
On Another note...
Grace had a friend over today to do some salinity experiments! It went "swimmingly". They checked out the density of different water samples, ranging from fresh water to 50% salt solution! It was cool! Afterwards, we all ate Pamello together and the kids headed into the living room to play Hullabaloo and Settlers of Catan . They played Hullabaloo for about 20 minutes and Catan for about 90;) I just thought it was funny that a 6 y/o and a 10 y/o were playing a preschool game and then an adult-level strategy game in the span of two hours, directly after completing a set of Salinity experiments! LOL Too funny!

7 comments:
I love the images of your eclipse evening :-) Grace is such a sweet girl.
That sounds like such a lovely evening. I can hear that little voice. She sure can talk and what a nice way to spend it with her.
That sounds like a terrific playdate!
I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the eclipse! It was lovely, wasn't it. :)
Oh so nice........a great memory for you.
What a great evening. Grace is such a col kid.
We saw the eclipse but Z was cold (funny we didn't bring warm enough clothes or L.A...) and she wanted to go inside soon.
What a nice post..and what a lovely day!
I love the picture also. I really need a digital that will get something like that. Or did you get that picture from online? Leave it to Grace to talk about a gateway to another universe. I love her.
Post a Comment